DOWNLOAD POI LOCATIONS FOR A NAVMAN GPS
This is easy to do:
- Click here to download and install the NavDesk program for your model of Navman, if you haven't already done so.
- you can also install this program from the Navman CD supplied with your GPS.
- Create a folder on your computer to download the RV Explorer POI file and location image into.
- Click here to download the RV Explorer POI file and save in the folder you created.
- Right-click on this location image and save it into the same folder on your computer.
- this image is displayed for each RV Explorer location on your gps map.
- Check that your POI file is called rv_navman.csv, and that your location image is called star.png.
- Plug your Navman GPS into your computer using a USB cable and start the NavDesk program.
- select the custom POIs option
- browse for the Source File - called rv_navman.csv and double-click to select it.
- click the New Category option and enter RV Explorer into the text box
- click Visual Alert and/or Audio Alert as required.
- browse for the Icon File and select star.png.
- save your changes.
- close NavDesk, turn off and unplug your Navman and you're all done.
Now you can use the Navman Search to enter the RV Explorer ID for any location, and the Navman will take you there.
As we continue to add new locations to RV Explorer, it's easy to keep your GPS up-to-date - just re-download the RV Explorer POI file and save it into the same folder, plug your Navman GPS into your computer, and run the NavDesk program again. This time you will need to Update Existing Category and select RV Explorer, and then click on Replace Existing POIs.