DOWNLOAD POI LOCATIONS FOR A TOMTOM GPS
(note that this is only for the newer GO series GPS units)
This is easy to do:
- Ensure that you have downloaded and installed Tomtom's MyDrive Connect application
- Create a folder on your computer to download the RV Explorer OV2 file into.
- Click here to download the RV Explorer OV2 file and save in the folder you created.
- Plug your Tomtom GO GPS into your computer and start the MyDrive Connect program. You will need to login.
- Click on the 'MyDrive - Plan routes and view traffic' button. This will open a new browser window.
- Login (again), and click on the My Places menu button on the top left, and then click on POI FiLES.
- Click on IMPORT POI FILES and browse to find the rvexplorer.ov2 file that you have downloaded, and double-click on it. It should then load into your MyDrive and automatically sych with your Tomtom GPS.
- Unplug your Tomtom and you should be all ready to go.
Now you can search for, and navigate to, any RV Explorer location on your Tomtom GPS by just entering the 5-digit RV Explorer ID number.
Please note that, to search for the RV Explorer locations, you must go to My Places and scroll down to the bottom of your saved locations to open the rvexplorer POI locations. Also, unlike the Garmin and Navman GPS units, the RV Explorer locations do not appear on your map while travelling.
As we continue to add new locations to RV Explorer, it's easy to keep your GPS up-to-date - just re-download the RV Explorer OV2 file and save it into the same folder, and repeat the same procedure.