DOWNLOAD POI LOCATIONS FOR A GARMIN GPS
This is easy to do:
- Click here to download and install the Garmin POI Loader if you haven't already done so.
- Create a folder on your computer to download the RV Explorer POI file and location image into.
- Click here to download the RV Explorer POI file and save in the folder you created.
- Right-click on the location image and save it into the same folder on your computer.
- this image is displayed for each RV Explorer location on you gps map.
- the pink color is displayed as transparent, so you only see the yellow star.
- Check that your POI file is called garmin.csv, and that your location image is called garmin.bmp.
- Plug your Garmin GPS into your computer and start the Garmin POI Loader program.
- Unplug your Garmin and you should be all ready to go.
Now you can use the Garmin Search to enter the RV Explorer ID for any location, and the Garmin will take you there.
As we continue to add new locations to RV Explorer, it's easy to keep your GPS up-to-date - just re-download the RV Explorer POI file and save it into the same folder, plug your Garmin GPS into your computer, and run the POI Loader again.
PS. if you have a larger screen Garmin PDS, you might prefer to use the larger location image
You will need to right-click and save this into the same folder on you computer. Then delete the small image and rename this image to be garmin.bmp.